Sasha Jacob, MBA - President & CEO - Founded Jacob Securities Inc. in 2006
- First investment banker in Canada to focus exclusively on renewable power
- Acknowledged by Institutional Investor as one of the 5 Most Influential Emerging Players in Renewable Energy
- Prior to founding Jacob Securities, Mr. Jacob founded and led the power and infrastructure practice at a large Canadian independent investment bank
- Served in political positions including Senior Policy Adviser to the Ontario Minister of Energy
- Recipient of the Laurier MBA Alumni 2009 Outstanding Executive Leadership Award and the Bishop’s University Top 10 After 10 Award
- Serves on the Boards of charitable organizations including Vice Chairman of World Wildlife Fund (WWF) Canada, Plan Canada and previously the Justin Eves Foundation, Evergreen Brickworks Capital Campaign and several other boards. In addition, Mr. Jacob is an active member of Young Presidents Organization (YPO).
E-mail - [email protected]
Tel - 416-866-8310
Tyler Hand, CPA, CA – Director, Mergers and Acquisitions
Tyler is a senior investment banker with over 10 years experience in the domestic and international capital markets. Tyler has significant experience as a senior advisor in the structuring and execution of mergers and acquisitions with in excess of $10 billion in completed cross-border, public and private transactions. In depth experience in financing for both M&A and corporate treasury purposes including equity and senior secured, subordinated and public debt as well as project finance.
Prior to joining Jacob Securities Tyler was with TD Securities and National Bank Financial in the Global Metals and Mining and M&A teams respectively.
Industry experience includes mining, E&P oil and gas, mid-stream oil and gas and power, both traditional generation and renewable.
JACOB SECURITIES ADVISORS
Jacob Securities works with a team of international advisors who, while not Jacob Securities employees, are able to participate in a consulting role on various projects, bringing their particular experience and depth of knowledge to the assignment.
Susan McArthur - Senior Advisor
- Previously at Rothschild and Lazard (New York, Paris, and Toronto) focused on M&A advisory
- Lead Jacob Securities advisory mandates including Skyberry investment in TriAxon Resources and Silverwing Energy sale to Bonterra Energy
- Corporate directorships include Chair, Canada Revenue Agency Board of Management and Board Member of First Capital Realty
Benoît Jamar – Managing Director and Head, Corporate Restructuring and Advisory
Benoît brings more than 25 years of investment banking experience, primarily in financial restructuring and M&A.
Benoît started his career in Citi’s Institutional Recovery management unit, the bank’s workout group, and in Lehman’s Financial Restructuring Group. He then founded Donaldson, Lufkin and Jenrette Securities’ financial restructuring group, established DLJ’s European investment banking business and co-headed DLJ’s sell side M&A business. He later worked at Sheffield Merchant Banking, the investment banking arm of CRT Capital Group, for Sebastian Holdings as an activist shareholder and at OBX Partners, a financial and operating restructuring advisory boutique.
Benoît has an MBA from Columbia University and an engineering degree from Université Catholique de Louvain in Belgium.
E-mail – [email protected]
Tel –(203) 656-3721
Bharat Parashar - Senior Advisor, Member of Advisory Board
- Formerly Managing Director and Co-Head of Salomon Smith Barney’s Investment Banking business in South and South East Asia
- 30 years of Investment and Commercial Banking experience in Asia, including Chief Executive for American Express Bank in India and Head of Chemical Bank’s Investment Banking business in Asia (ex-Japan)
- Executed numerous debt and equity transactions raising over US$8 billion for regional corporations and governments
- Led numerous large, strategic acquisitions and corporate restructurings across South East Asia
- Joined EMP to restructure and work out distressed deals in the AIG Asian Infrastructure Fund I, selling 12 assets between 2002-2005
Chung Min Pang - Senior Advisor, Member of Advisory Board
- Raised & managed Aureos Capital’s First China Fund 2004-08, lead and executed investments
- Bank of America, Country Head for China, 1995-2000
- Salomon Brothers, Managing Director, Head of China, 1992-1995
- Head of International Finance Corporation Regional Office in Bangkok, 1989-1992
- Corporate Governance and SME Consultant, World Bank, 2000-2002
- Based in Beijing to focus on Chinese investment and trade flows into ASEAN
Gilbert Sharpe - Senior Advisor – Healthcare
Mr.Sharpe, the former long-time Director of the Legal Branch of the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, brings invaluable experience from a distinguished 40-year career in legal practice and advisory roles. He recently established his own boutique healthcare advisory service, following 15 years in private practice as a partner at several major Bay Street law firms.
Mr. Sharpe offers unparalleled experience in healthcare public policy and regulation, and intimately understands the complex realm of evolving public and private healthcare in Canada. Through his involvement with the Ministry of Health since 1975, and associated work with numerous government ministries and agencies, Mr. Sharpe has influenced some of the most important legal issues and policy matters affecting modern health care, including the development of legislation and policies to improve the Ontario and Canadian health care system. This context is invaluable for those who seek to impact change in healthcare.
Internationally, Mr. Sharpe has been an advisor on healthcare projects for the World Bank, Inter-American Bank, and the World Health Organization. He advised on US healthcare reforms in part during his tenure as a professor in the health law group at Loyola University in Chicago.
Mr. Sharpe holds several professorships, including the Institute of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation (IHPME) at the University of Toronto. Mr. Sharpe received his LLB and LLM from Osgoode Hall Law School. He is President of the Canadian Institute of Law and Medicine and Editor-in-Chief of Health Law in Canada. Mr. Sharpe has published several books, hundreds of articles, and is a sought-after speaker at conferences.